In order to view and/or sign up for a volunteer shift, you must create an account.
If you have an account already, please sign in below. If you do not have an account, please click "Register" below. If you have any questions, please visit our Volunteer FAQ page.
To schedule a volunteer group with more than 5 members, please email Latoya Thomas, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-282-2111 ext.251.
Clothing reminder: open-toed shoes, high heels, tank tops and sleeveless shirts are not permitted
at any CAFB public volunteer opportunities.
Please note that as of 9/1/14, CAFB is a tobacco free campus. Use or consumption of any tobacco products is not permitted anywhere on Capital Area Food Bank property.
The Food Bank does not offer any court, judge or attorney appointed community service due to a charge or an offense. Individuals who are assigned to the Food Bank by their Travis County Adult Probation Officer must call 512-684-2140 for eligibility requirements and must complete an orientation session, prior to registering for a volunteer shift.
Individuals requiring proof of completed volunteer hours should review the following guidelines:
- Immediate signature/verification of completion will only be provided to volunteers who have their own documentation on hand immediately after completing their volunteer shift.
- All requests for written proof from the Capital Area Food Bank must be for hours already completed and must be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the service due date.
- For confidentiality reasons, verifications will only be released to the individual who completed the volunteer hours, not to schools, community groups, or other service organizations.
- In order to ensure hours are accurately counted, volunteers must sign in legibly prior to the shift on the volunteer sign in sheets. Address and contact information must be included.
- All CAFB verifications will be emailed.
- CAFB DOES NOT offer court, judge, or attorney appointed community service due to a charge or an offense (see above).
Mobile Pantry Volunteers: In the event of inclement weather, please dial 512-684-2559 for the latest status of the Mobile Pantry distribution volunteer shifts.